Thursday 8 December 2011

Visual Communication - Research - Japanese Manga/Anime

As I have chosen to base my fifteen minutes of fame project on my sister. I will need to research into the background of what she is like as a person and any particular interests she as. As she has a strong interest for Japanese Manga and Anime I thought it would be good to research into this area to give me a better understanding on what it involves and if it could give me any ideas for my idea.

Manga Art: Manga is the Japanese word for 'comics' and it consists of comics and print cartoons. In Mangas modern form, manga dates from just after World War II, but they have a long, complex pre-history in early Japanese art. In Japan, people of all ages read manga. Manga has a range of genres action/adventure, romance, sports and games, historical drama, comedy, science fiction and fantasy and many more. Since the 1950s, manga has slowly become a major part of the Japanese publishing industry, making around a 406billion yen market in 2007 for Japan. Manga stories are typically printed in black and white, although some full colour manga exist.




No comments:

Post a Comment